Thursday 2 June 2016

No 2 baking mix

Yes, I have developed another option!  This one is nut-free, so I now have the option of not poisoning my younger brother, which has to be a good thing, I think?!
I haven't yet tried this with a wide range of recipes, so can't vouch for how well it will do as an all-rounder.  It certainly worked fine with the biscuits I made last night, though.  As it lacks ground almonds, with their humectant qualities, I suspect things baked with this mixture may go dry rather quicker than those made with No 1 baking mix.  It also means this has a higher carb load than No 1 and less protein.  But to compensate for that, it's lower in fat.

100g/scant 4oz/1 cup linseed meal
90g/3oz/1 cup soya flour
125g/5oz/1 cup fine cornmeal

Mix together and store in an airtight jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment